Tuesday, July 24, 2007

estaoG

Dear Friends,

I would like to offer my condolences. By all appearances your wonderful democratic experiment has begun to falter, if not fail, outright.

This should come as no surprise to the learned. However, it still may come as a shock.

In any case, the rather unfortunate circumstances you now find yourselves in is both unenviable and likely untenable. Allegorically it is much like the quest and attainment of power, an initial rush, followed by the crushing burden of accountability. I fear that the lessons of yesteryear are left fallow both at an academic and practical level. Assuredly this shall close to predictable and pitiable results.

It must be ironic, if not outright laughable, that dictatorship, despotism, and democracy now all appear to be synonymous in the minds of many.

In closing I would simply leave you of the words of Seneca:
What narrow innocence it is for one to be good only according to the law.

My warmest regards,
V

No comments: