Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I wanna be a spaceship

Khaaaaan! Why can't that happen here? Maybe it will given some more time. Modding your computer, face, or other sundry body parts is already way popular. Many already live in fantasy worlds, devoid of any previous forms of human interaction. Some live at South pole for the fun of it. Taking that next little step and modding ourselves to be cold/heat/food/radiation resistant doesn't seem too wild. Everybody thinks you blow up if you're thrown out of the airlock and into space. One morning it will happen for real and then fascination will take over and everybody will change their misconception. The body part of us, that could be changed quickly. The rest of us, the beingness, that may not change so much. Monks and other crazies who've spent time doing weird and wild things to themselves are going to have an advantage at that point. The change will be easier, less harsh, coping with the trauma of your senses completely being replaced with something else will be easier. So I'm expecting like a few undersea pagodas staffed with calm psychopathic nice-guy types to spring up first. Then it will be off to the races to see who can run around on the moon in their skivvies. That's the point I'm opting for the ultraviolet and infrared upgrades to my eyes so I don't see what everybody sees. They will be my rose colored glasses, except 100% natural and organic. Then I'm gonna call one of you up and we're grabbing my brother, throwing him in the bacta-tank and growing him into a interstellar spaceship fit for the escapades which are now planned, documented, and waiting in the safe-deposit box as I type. It will be great. Khan would be jealous.

No comments: